Makatussin comp syrup
Makatussin comp syrup is sirop medicine containing a well-known active substance – Glycerine, which helps to reduce the frequency and severity of attacks.
Ingredient matches for Makatussin
Codeine phosphate hemihydrate (a derivative of Codeine) is reported as an ingredient of Makatussin in the following countries:
- Analgesia:Adult: As tartrate: 30 mg every 4-6 hr, up to 240 mg/day for severe pain. Modified-release prep may be given bid for chronic severe pain.
Child: >4 yr: As tartrate: 0.5-1 mg/kg every 4-6 hr.
- Cough suppression:
Adult: As tartrate: 10-30 mg tid.
Child: As tartrate: >4 yr: 0.5-1 mg/kg (max: 30 mg) every 4-6 hr.
- Dihydrocodeine hydrochloride (10 mg)
- Corresp.: dihydrocodeine (w)
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (15 mg)
- Corresp.: diphenhydramine (w)
- Citric acid (H)
- Neohesperidin dihydrochalcone (H)
- Sucrose (3.9 g) (H)
- Sorbitol 70 % (250 mg) (H)
- Cherry flavouring (A)
- Sodium benzoate (E211) (3.5 mg) (H)
- Fructuum concentratum (H)
- Sodium (0.55 mg) (H)
- Aqua ad syrup. per 5 ml
Asthma; disease states in which respiratory depression must be avoided; long-term administration in chronic constipation, narrow-angle glaucoma, BPH with residual urine, severe congestion of bronchial secretions, after visceral surgery, diverticulitis; obstruction of cardia, pylorus or duodenum; pheochromocytoma, MAO inhibitor therapy, opioid dependence, ultra-rapid CYP2D6 metabolizers. Pregnancy, lactation. <18 Y.
There are no reviews yet.